Thursday, June 10, 2010

Solvent Abuse


Pavement Gold Soundz
(ATTENTION LABEL TOOL, THERE IS NO MP3 ON THIS POST & HASN'T BEEN FOR QUITE SOME TIME)

I remember the depleting ozone layer being a gigantic concern when I was in elementary school, late 80's, early 90's... There was a big hole the size of some state that only gets mentioned in Jeopardy questions about constitutional amendments or as a size comparison. The area was semi-tropical and green grass grew year around, I guess. People were told to stop using hairspray, and a lot of people did, although that was mostly because it went out of style and maybe also because of Jennifer Anniston. You know, important stuff. Concerns. Worries.

I haven't heard many people talk about the depleting ozone layer recently. I'm no scientist, but I guess it's because it's gone. No more ozone layer. And I think the biggest culprit? Graffiti artists. If you spend enough time with , you begin to realize that they're operating on a slightly, uh, different level thanks to years of inhaling the fumes. So just take the cumulative effects of an entire decade and beyond of tagging, spraying, and community organizations sponsoring graffiti walls and shitty murals and apply it to the ozone layer and, well, it's obvious... Graffiti artists killed the ozone layer.

Anyways, long time coming, but this day is gonna suck. Last year at this time I was starting a new job, which was pretty great. This year, not so good. Good riddance, June 10th!

No comments: