Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sh!




We'll start with another great George "Shadow" Morton penned girl group song, from the master of teenage melancholy, this one all about loving your mother. As my mother is named Sheena, I'm posting four songs from female artists with the letters Sh in their name(s). I posted this Sandie Shaw song just over 5 years ago in May of 2005, but I'm sure your memory doesn't extend that far. Nor does the Yousendit link, for that matter. I'm not much of a Led Zeppelin fan, but this is the first recorded Led Zeppelin cover and it's an interesting twist. Compared to a lot of the girl group production, the guitar in this Shirelles song is uncharacteristically present - bright, out-front, and it compliments the vocal melodies well. And Shirley & Company's Shame Shame Shame is the perfect song to mix into with the appropriate Hues Corporation and George McCrae songs.

No comments: