Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Pardon My Hindi & Pop Montreal present 2nd Bollywood Party

Asha Bhosle & R.D. Burman Piya Tu Ab To Aaja
(from Caravan O.S.T.)
Kazi Aniruddha Piya Tu Ab To Aaja
(from Bollywood Steel Guitar)
~ My favourite Bollywood song of all time ~

I'm excited to announce that I'll be playing the second Bollywood party (hot on the heels of July's fun-as-hell party), presented by the capable and loving folks of Pardon My Hindi, Elephant Stone and Pop Montreal. Along with a performance by aforementioned band (and Polaris Prize nominees), Freelove Fenner and Magic Hall of Mirrors will also be playing. I'll be DJing Bollywood classics from the glory days of Amitabh Bachchan, Rahul Dev Burman and Ms. Asha Bhosle (of course), along with DJ Desipower.

More information on the Facebook page, or just show up this Friday, November 13th at Casa del Popolo for an evening of Desi dance and subcontinental swagger. Come by and say hello!

No comments: