Thursday, March 30, 2006

Square Pegs.

Shapes And Sizes - Island's Gone Bad.mp3

I'm off to Hawaii to work on an article about Queen Lili'uokalani's songbook and Hawaiian nationalism, but before I go, I'll be checking out Victoria's chipper and rose-cheeked pop quartet Shapes & Sizes, who'll be stopping by Casa Del Popolo tonight. I long ago promised to write something about them and their Canadian baroque pop brethren: The Paper Cranes, The Dymaxions, and Code Pie, but that'll have to wait. For now, here's a lament for the departed ex-pats of Victoria, BC, long may they suffer.

My first column in the Mirror just appeared today. Scope out at your own risk!

4 comments:

Greg said...

Saw Shapes And Sizes in Toronto on Monday. Great band.

daniel colussi said...

ignore the comment i just made on the old goldkixx site...my bad

Anonymous said...

that's one good looking first column.

does she have a sister?

Anonymous said...

Shit Watts,

if you're gonna keep speaking on panels about "how blogging has changed the pop cultire landscape" (or write a Mirror column that's directly related) you oughtta at least drop an mp3 a month, non?

xo Balogh