Monday, January 17, 2005

Rare Earth



After a twenty-one minute jam on the Temptation's "Get Ready" doomed their album, (a horrible joke gone awry, obviously) white-boy soul brothers Rare Earth released it as a truncated 3 minute long single, with the below song as the b-side. My girlfriend had a copy of this in her collection, and I picked it up last night, and was thrilled to find that the b-side was equally as amazing as the other b-side I had just listened to, No More Riders by The Hollies, which was the B-side to the All I Need single. (I'll post that b-side tomorrow, but in the meantime, some homework, download All I Need and tell me whether or not it was a template for later Verve and Richard Ashcroft albums...)

Rare Earth - I Know (I'm Losing You).mp3

The song's great, huh? I don't know if the lines "can feel the passage of another man" and "it's all over your face" are as crude as I imagine them to be, but the echo on the vocals and the bongo breakdown vindicate the whole thing.

No comments: